Tired of paying high rent? Want to buy a house but you don’t have enough for the down payment? Don’t want to or can’t ask your parents for help? Then you might want to check out the Georgia Dream Program.
The Georgia Dream program assists first time home buyers with their down payment. The basic requirements are pretty simple.
- First time home buyers
- Or buyers who have not owned a home in the past 3 years
- Buyers in the Columbus, Georgia and Harris County areas must have a total annual household income less than:
- 1 to 2 persons $59,500
- 3 or more persons $68,500
- And purchase a home with a sales price of no more than $200,000
Of course there is no such thing as a free lunch, and this program has requirements
- You must meet the credit requirements
- You must attend either a homeowner education workshop, individual counseling sessions, or wait the one we love, an online Homebuyer education course through E-home America.
- You must invest $1000 of your own money.
After checking the Georgia Dream website on March 25, the rates were 3.875% for a 30 year fixed. Not bad right?
I counted over 40 lenders that offer this program in Muscogee and Harris Counties, so there are plenty to choose from.
Here is the link to the Georgia Dream Website.
Check it out and see if you are a possible candidate! I would love to talk to you about this program and how to get started on owning your first home.
I am closing a home with a first time home buyer next week who used this program and so far it has been a great transaction experience!